CSE M.S. Application Requirements
Interested in applying for Georgia Tech’s interdisciplinary Master’s degree in Computational Science and Engineering (CSE)?
- Undergraduate degree: Most students entering the CSE graduate degree programs will have obtained a bachelors degree in a technical field, such as computer science, mathematics, or a science or engineering discipline.
- Desired mathematical background: Undergraduate calculus courses through multivariable/vector calculus, linear algebra, and probability/statistics.
- Desired computing background: At least one course, but preferably two courses, in computing and proficiency in programming in a high-level language, such as C/C++, Python, or Java.
- Addressing missing background: Students whose backgrounds do not include coursework in all the listed areas may still apply, but they may need to take some additional coursework if admitted.
Each student accepted to the MS CSE program is admitted to a specific “home unit” that will serve as the student’s academic home within the CSE program. Application deadlines vary across the home units (when you create an application, selecting a home unit will display its deadline). More information about home units is available at https://cse.gatech.edu/cse-home-units.
- School of Computational Science and Engineering (MS CSE application deadline: February 1st)
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- School of Aerospace Engineering
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mathematics
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Physics